Saturday, September 3, 2011

This is RELATIONSHIP BUILDING

My last post was on relationships trumping data. I was not saying to forget data because it is a tool that successful teachers learn how and when to use. I was saying that relationships are more important to student learning than data. I now have a wonderful example of what I was trying to convey. Mrs. Ripp is one dynamic fifth grade teacher in Madison Wis. She knows that to maximizing student learning she must connect with her students and build personal relationships. Look at the activity she has for her students on the first day of school. Do you think these kids will be jumping out of bed on day two just to see what will be happening at school? Wouldn’t you love to be in this classroom? What relationship building activities have or did you plan for the first week of school? Wishing all teachers and students an exciting, engaging year of learning!

1 comment: