Monday, April 5, 2010

Kids and Failure

A lessosn here for Teachers and Parents
Kids can Learn a Lot from Failure
Posted by crudbasher 4/5/10
I really agree with this article I saw in the Sydney Morning Herald. The article states that if we don’t let kids fail once in a while, it give them unrealistic expectations for life.
As a college teacher I saw this a whole lot. Many of my students were not concerned with doing their best because they always got what they wanted regardless of their effort. They had what I call a “blinding acceptance of mediocrity”.
I think back on my life and can clearly remember times I failed. It seems to stay with you and help motivate you to better things.
I wonder what effect failure had on these people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbeJkY6QGk&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment